加路比：歌劇《奧林匹亞》 Baldassare Galuppi: L'Olimpiade (2DVD)【Dynamic】
Conductor: Andrea Marcon
Director: Dominique Poulange
Clistene: Mark Tucker
Aristea: Ruth Rosique
Argene: Roberta Invernizzi
Megacle: Romina Basso
Licida: Franziska Gottwald
Alcandro: Furio Zanasi
Aminta: Filippo Adami
Venice Baroque Orchestra
Baldassarre Galuppi was considered the leading exponent of Venetian comic opera, if not the absolute creator. Though he was shortly forgotten after his death, opera buffa gave him international fame, and it’s only recently that his serious operas have begun to receive serious attention.
Composed according to tradition, with the use of new arias displaying various affetti (fury, contrast, outrage) as well as others borrowed from contemporary operas, this dramma per musica is a consistent work, where music and text are one, and the seven characters and their emotions are strongly portrayed.
The opera takes place in Olimpia during the games, and focuses on a complicated love intrigue. Megacle and Aristea are in love, but the maid is also loved by Megacle’s friend Licida. Megacle owes his life to Licida, and therefore to honour this friendhip he is forced to win his beloved’s hand for him. The situation gets more complicated, tragedy seems to darken the horizon, but the final happy ending settles things. Pietro Metastasio wrote the libretto in Vienna in 1733, and many musicians put it in music: among the most famous Vivaldi, Pergolesi and Paisiello.
This production was recorded at the Teatro Malibran of La Fenice in Venice in occasion of the celebrations for the 3rd centenary of Galuppi’s birth.
This is the first performance in modern times, and a World Premiere recording on DVD. The Orchestra Barocca di Venezia, conducted by baroque expert Andrea Marcon plays on original instruments from the 18th century.
Olimpiade, was written for the opening of the carnival season of Milan’s Teatro Ducale on December 26, 1747. The only available score was kept in Milan, but it was not complete;
maybe this explains why the opera was not staged again, even though it collected a huge success. Conductor Andrea Marcon, together with musicologist Claire Genewein had to look for the score’s uncomplete parts. Finally the symphony of the opening was found in Regensburg’s library , whereas the final part was found in London.
03. Ho risoluto, Aminta (Licida)
04. Superbo di me stesso (Megacle)
05. Quel destrier che all’albergo è vicino (Licida)
06. Del destin non vi lagnate (Clistene)
07. Tu di saper procura (Aristea)
08. Più non si trovano fra mille amanti (Argene)
09. Mentre dormi amor fomenti (Licida)
10. Nei giorni tuoi felici (Megacle/Aristea)
01. Ed ancor della pugna (Argene)
02. Di più chiara luce adorno (Alcandro)
03. Grandi è ver son le tue pene (Aristea)
04. Che non mi disse un dì ? (Argene)
05. Tigre che sdegno ed ira (Aminta)
06. So, che fanciullo è Amore (Clistene)
07. Se cerca, se dice (Megacle)
08. Tu me da me dividi (Aristea)
09. Son qual per mar turbato (Argene)
10. Gemo in un punto e fremo (Licida)
01. Inumana pietà! (Megacle)
02. S’egli non more a lato (Alcandro)
03. Caro son tua così (Aristea)
04. Per momenti a vagheggiare (Megacle)
05. Fiamma ignota (Argene)
06. Si sprezzi il periglio (Aminta)
07. Il tuo delitto atroce (Clistene)
08. O degli uomini padre (Clistene)
09. Viva il figlio delinquente (Chorus)
聲道：PCM 2.0, Dolby Digital 5.1